The average office shredder seems like an inexpensive way to destroy confidential documents. But the office shredder can be risky and more costly than you may think.
The impact, of becoming victim to identity theft, fraud and other fraudulent crimes is substantial to business.
Hidden costs and risks of shredding documents in an office shredder:
An office shredder may have a fixed, relatively low up-front price tag but there are additional costs to be considered. These are costs like maintenance, replacement and cleaning. The shredding of large amounts of paper in-house can also produce a fine dust, affecting employee health.
Humans make mistakes but a mistake when shredding can be detrimental. Office shredding leaves the decisions on what to shred up to the employees. Negligence on an employees behalf can threaten safety.
When shredding is done in the office, the employees responsible for the process, often do not have suitable training in document security, retention and disposal. There is also no proof of secure document destruction when shredding in-office.
Shredding documents takes time. An office shredder can’t handle paper clips and staples (so these will need to be removed by the employees). Documents need to be arranged into easy to shred portions. Then they can be fed into the paper shredder. The employees will also need to clean up and empty the shredder.
Paper is often cut into long strips by office-grade shredders. These can easily be pieced back together and increase the risk of a security breach.
Benefits to using a reliable document shredding service:
– Documents are removed from the workplace and shred with industrial grade equipment. Employees are not affected by fine dust.
– Shred-it-all policy reduces the risk of human error. All documents provided to a reliable document shredding service are disposed under strict guidelines.
– Staff at our reliable document shredding centres have been cleared to a minimum required by the National Police Records Check
– Compliance requirements are met by using a reliable document shredding service. A Certificate of Destruction is provided after every shred for audit purposes.
– No need to remove paper clips and staples.
– Documents are cross-shredded and destroyed into fragments that cannot be reassembled before they are transferred to a paper recycling facility where they will be recycled into paper products
Are you ready to protect your business?
Did you know? Secura Bags are 100% Australian owned and operated.
To learn more about how we can protect your documents and security, please contact us on 1800 985 322