Being on Facebook is a must for all small businesses, with over 1,8 billion active users Facebook is the leading social media platform in the world, from millennials to baby boomers, all generations expect their brands to have a social media presence on Facebook. But the vast majority are not there for a hard sale or expect to be drowned with a promotional post from their favourite brands.
Companies must provide their customers on Facebook with content related to the brand but not exclusively hard sales promotions. They also need to be aware that many customers now seek support from their favourite brands on social media, and expect to have a response in a short timeframe.
Facebook has become a window to how companies are doing, and customers can judge them based on how many followers they have or how many likes their post gather.
1. Choose the right audience. Facebook allows you to segment audiences demographically, geographically, and even psychographically depending on the interests of your target market. Selecting the right target market can save you hundreds of dollars as all your marketing efforts can be wasted on people who might never be interested in your products or services.
2. Quality content means a better perception of your brand. If there is more on your Facebook than just an ad for your products, your customers are more engaged and will become brand advocates for you. Social media channels should provide maximum space for focusing on customers’ needs. This is what they want, and this is what keeps them engaged.
3. Time is more valuable than gold. Also important to remember is that over a third of your potential or existing customers will ask questions through social media. Responding in a timely manner can result in a more favourable view of your brand. Remember that many customers rely on social media for communication with your company, so it’s vital to keep an eye on this from a marketing perspective.
4. Own the criticism. Remember that even those who are not commenting or liking your posts and content are still watching what the brand is doing. Social media channels like Facebook also provide a pathway for criticism so while you encourage feedback, it will not always be only compliments, an excellent response to bad feedback could be even more valuable than a hundred likes.
5. Aim for the heart, not the wallet. Despite the potential for connecting with customers social media seems to offer. Consumers are there to interact with other people rather than brands. Facebook or any other social media platform, is not an ideal channel for selling. Rather it is about making and building emotional connections with your consumers and gaining their brand loyalty. Bonus Tip: Track your progress.
Tools like Facebook Insights enables you to track the total of fans your brand page has, see the number of their friends, who commented on and who liked your posts to identify the potential monthly Facebook reach. It also gives you the ability to know the best time of day to post, the best day of the week to post and what type of content is most popular. Although, this tool is continuously updated so you will need to keep checking it back to stay in the loop.
Secura Bags is committed to help small businesses and individuals through content that is relevant to their needs, please let us know what are you interested in, and subscribe to the Bell.
TANKS FOR READING
We are secure document destruction providers, shred your sensitive documents for as little as $1.075, Click here to know more