The Follow Privacy & Confidentiality act covers all small business that works trading Personal Data, handle personal information, or is in under the Privacy Regulation 2013.
As a Consequence The Privacy Act must be followed by any business in the next categories:
- Health Services
- commercialize personal information
- any contractor under a Commonwealth contract
- an operator of a residential tenancy database
- a credit reporting body or credit provider
- employee unions registered or recognized under the Fair Work
- protection action ballots
- a business prescribed by the Privacy Regulation 2013
If your business is not under those categories:
- Has your small business had an annual turnover of more than $3,000,000? If So Your business must accomplish with the privacy regulation.
- If your business is not under those categories, and the Net income doesn’t overpass $3.000.000 then you not need to follow the Privacy Act. However, you can opt to volunteer to follow the Privacy Act. Many small businesses that opt into the Privacy Act could experience a number of benefits, including increased consumer confidence and trust in their operations.
If your Business is obligated to compel with the Privacy Act you must assure the correct handle and destruction of your business documents .
Secura Bags Offers a simple, efficient and economical solution for document destruction, we are a Division of National Document Shredding Services, and We are experts in a Secure destruction service for Individuals and Small Business.